DjangoBooks.com

Recommendations for Gypsy Guitar Techs in SF Bay Area?

Hi all,
I need my gypsy jazz guitar setup and a pick guard installed. Could someone please offer recommendations in the area for trusted guitar techs that could do the work? I live in Walnut Creek and work around Palo Alto. Gryphon is pretty close.
Any others?
Much Appreciated!
Randy
Feel free email me offline as well. [email protected]
Tagged:

Comments

• Craig DenneyCraig Denney Columbus, Ohio✭✭ 2011 Zwinakis
    He's not a tech, he's a Selmer style builder...but he is located in the SF Bay area... Peter Zwinakis. I really have no idea how to get a hold of him, though.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=1277247

Read thru here, plenty of suggestions
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Peter Zwinakis is living in Santa Cruz and when I last met with him, he told me that he was giving up on Selmer Guitars due to the small market for them. I doubt that he would do tech work on your guitar.

Paul Hostetter is the man to see. He is in Bonny Doon. I either do my own work or take it to Paul.
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    John Melo in kensington did set up work for my alta mira. You will have to tell him exactly what you want, but he should be able to do it.
  • younglvyounglv
    Thanks everyone for the info!
    @richter4208. Yes, I had found that page and know all those repair guys but don't have any evidence they "get" gj guitars.