DjangoBooks.com

Antoine Boyer and Jean-Philippe Watremez in Sussex

Jo CarrJo Carr
in Europe Posts: 7
The Sussex Ox, Milton Street PRESENTS a Bastille Day concert by one of France’s leading Jazz Manouche duos: Antoine Boyer & Jean-Philippe Watremez.

Monday July 14th 2014 - from 7pm

The first time they have played together in the UK!

To book a table and enjoy the Bastille Day menu during the performance please call 01323 870840. There is also plenty of accommodation locally in the South Downs National Park!

The Sussex Ox, Milton Street, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 5RL. Telephone: 01323 870840 Email: [email protected]

Comments

• Bob HoloBob Holo Moderator
    Oh man... to be in Sussex. These guys both play with such taste. Sebastian has told me that they live fairly close and play together sometimes, but I've never actually heard them play together. That's really going to be something special.
    Jo Carr
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    Hi Bob. Plane, train and automobile can get you any where in the world!! Sebastien and Luc are also coming if that adds any incentive - and they are in Sussex from Saturday. As you say, something very special.
    :-) oh you're just rubbing my nose in it now... hahahaha....

Seriously though - I'm tempted, but it's about 12,000 miles farther than I can go without refreshing my passport. I envy you though...

Say hi to the gents. I miss them - they're good people. And congratulate Antoine on the Rainbow Duets work - I've only heard the teaser videos on youtube, but they sound great and I pre-ordered the CD. Can't wait. The way he thinks when he plays music - it's outstanding. He hears beautiful juxtapositions that would never have occurred to me if I hadn't heard him sketch them. Hearing him play is like watching an artist paint.
    Jo Carr
    You get one chance to enjoy this day, but if you're doing it right, that's enough.
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    Ha! To quote back to you - 'You only get one chance to enjoy June 14th, but if you are doing it in Sussex, that's enough'
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    Bob! Have just realised that you are in Portland - it's my favourite US city - worked there and still have great friends there - who are staying with us this month! A very small world.
    edited June 2014 Posts: 1,252
    Yep, Portland is a wonderful wet weird little slice of heaven. If you can do without sunshine, it's wonderful. It takes a particular type of person to make it through the wet season though. Still, I love it here.
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    We Brits love rain. Too many years ago to spell out, I bought a VW bus from a Scot in Portland to drive to the East Coast. He had moved to Southern California from Scotland to escape rain and pine trees. After a year or so he set off to drive to Vancouver for work, but only got as far as Oregon - hit rain and pine trees, had never felt so happy - turned round, went and picked up his family and moved to Portland!
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    PS When Antoine was in Jevington last year he brought his Model Nouveau Grande Bouche - it is the most wonderful guitar.
    pickitjohn
  • Jo CarrJo Carr
    Dear Bob - apologies if I got a little excited at the fact that you are in Portland - memories of youth. Just thought you would like to know that Antoine and Jean Philippe were beyond sublime - just quite the most extraodinarily beautiful music. Next time, please get on the plane!
    Craig Bumgarner