DjangoBooks.com

Me on an orgasmic Antoine Di Mauro Heart hole

stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
edited May 2014 in Welcome Posts: 386

A new piece inspired by an old guitar.......
''Deux Frères'''
Dedicated to brothers Django & Joseph Reinhardt;Antoine & Joseph Di Mauro and,biensur,Boulou & Elios Ferre too!
This isn't Jazz of course.I suppose it really belongs to that same sound world that Django invented with his Improvisations;that and some of Henri Crolla's solo pieces occupy;and also Boulou Ferre's beautiful solo introductions.
Played on an incredible 1940's 'tiger' spruce top Antoine Di Mauro 'Heart hole' recently restored by Killy Nonis
Undoubtedly one of the greatest gypsy guitars i've ever had the pleasure to play.Anyway hope you enjoy the music and thanks for listening.
Stu Blag
MichaelHorowitzFranz MoralespickitjohnMarkABucoBarkonatorMattHenry

Comments

• Jeff MooreJeff Moore Minneapolis✭✭✭✭ Lebreton 2
    edited May 2014 Posts: 476
    Your pieces have that dream inducing quality of the solo pieces we all love.
    Nice work!
    The guitar sounds like fast chorusing is built in. Sweet
    "We need a radical redistribution of wealth and power" MLK
  • Franz MoralesFranz Morales Philippines✭✭
    wow. the guitar sounds straight from the '40s! and of course, the playing is superb. awesome! :)
  • anthon_74anthon_74 Marin county, CA✭✭✭✭ Alta Mira M 01
    How did you get such a great sound in the video recording ? I know it's a great guitar, but I've heard many great guitars in recordings on digital cameras and the recording quality makes them all sound the same... But yours, in this video, has that old pre-war ribbon mic sound. How ??
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    edited May 2014 Posts: 386
    Thanks guys for your thumbs up.I didn't use an external microphone---all i can tell you is that i used a Flip recorder to film it and have usually liked the sound its captured.But also of course the guitar has an unreal natural compression to the sound--the only other guitar i've tried quite like it is an old Busato that Titi Bamberger had once at Samoreau.Thanks again guys.Stu
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wonderful, as usual, thanks for posting them.
  • stublastubla Prodigy Godefroy Maruejouls
    Thanks Dem Bones :=)
  • What a great sound......loved the piece
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    I now have a channel on YouTube if you get a chance have a visit!

https://www.youtube.com/user/MsLapompe/videos.
    Thumbs up for the records collection too.
    I'd be curious to know how old the strings were when you recorded this?
    Either way the guitar sounds truly fantastic, it has nice air and openness and it's bright without being harsh, which this last part is something that's rarely heard on guitars in this style.

Buco
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Stu BlagStu Blag
    Thanks very much Buco you are very kind.And the Strings?... Et Voila they are Argentines 11-46