DjangoBooks.com

Fret Buzzing on Jorgenson DG 330

edited February 2014 in Welcome Posts: 6
Purchased this dg330 last winter and it lasted a few weeks before it started buzzing terribly on the high E string. Truss rod adjustments did nothing and the guitar stayed in its hardshell case. Once winter passed and spring and summer rolled in, the guitar started playing nice again. Its winter again and the dg330 is showcasing the same buzzing. Truss rod adjustment to tighten or loosen dont have any effect, new strings as well. Any help is appreciated.
Tagged:

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Sleepygypsy The direr winter weather in most places will cause the top of a guitar to sink, resulting in lower action and more buzz. Make sure your guitar is properly humidified and use a higher bridge in the winter if need be.
  • pickitjohnpickitjohn South Texas Corpus, San Antonio, AustinVirtuoso Patenotte 260
    @Sleepygypsy Welcome, it is that time of year again, that question has a way
    of showing up in a cyclic way. You can use the forum's search engine top right corner. I typed in HUMIDITY and if you go here you will see many discussions, problems and solutions and as Michael said…
    Make sure your guitar is properly humidified and use a higher bridge in the winter if need be.

http://www.djangobooks.com/forum/search?Search=humidity

Your Guitar is thirsty, I have my guitars hanging in my room and set the humidifier to 45. Works for me, do what is suggested and you'll be fine.

pick on

pickitjohn
    will do thank you both for the info