DjangoBooks.com

jimmy's WMD

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited April 2011 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 2,161
from "Made For Wesley" a beautiful composition by Rinus Steinbach former bassist for sinti and former bassist for the Paulus Schafer Gipsy Band...

it's from jimmy's trio album

anyway the rhythmic placement on the CD is a little bit imprecise so i had to adjust it (rhythmically) to make it look more coherent

be careful with this lick, it has the power to cause devastating explosions...

the last time i tried this one, i sent a roomful of innocent people to the hospital... luckily my playing was a bit sloppy so they only lost a few limbs.... in the wrong hands it would be the end of the world as we know it

Comments

• JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    Dennis,

Such an onslaught of licks! Thanks, man!

Best,
    Jack.
  • CalebFSUCalebFSU Tallahassee, FLModerator Made in USA Dell Arte Hommage
    Dennis cool lick man. Maybe i am blind or just really tired but I am having trouble figuring out where to place this lick (ie harmony wise what does Jimmy play this over?) I don't have anything with Made For Wesely on it. So I only have my ear and my playing (not a good thing)
    Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    yo caleb, he does it on 2 measures of Em , then 2 measures of Cmaj7

although Am can be substituted for Cmaj7

so i guess it would work well on Em tonalities that have that sort of thing going on.... Nature Boy comes to mind...

if you re going to try this lick and you think you can pull it off, i suggest you try it out in a deserted area.... we wouldn't want another disaster in the US....
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    It's really great that post these licks. Would it be possible to post an mp3 that contains a clip of the original source of the lick for each of the licks?

I think that would clear up a lot of the follow-up questions about harmony, rhythm, articulation, etc.
  • PhilPhil Portland, ORModerator Anastasio
    Hi Dennis, any chance you could post an attachment with your transcription of Jimmy's entire composition of this great tune, if you have one? Cheers, Phil