DjangoBooks.com

For Sale: Original 1950's Stimer M10 Amp - SOLD

Ted GottsegenTed Gottsegen Rowayton, CTModerator
edited October 2013 in Classifieds Posts: 615
Hi All,

After 15 years my friend is finally willing to sell me my dream guitar, so I'm selling some things off to raise the money.

!950's Stimer M10 amp, just like Django's except it has a tolex instead of tweed. This is in as new condition and is 100% original down to the tubes. The only problem is a broken logo, which seems to be a common problem. I bought it from a guy who owned a radio repair shop and someone traded it to him in the 1960's. He promptly put it on a shelf where it remained until I got it. It has a switch to make it conform to north american power. It has the original Euro plug, but that can be changed easily. Change the plug, switch the power and use it on all your gigs like I do my other one.

Tonally the amp has the ultra clean high sustain sound of Django 1953 (Night and Day, Blues for Ike, etc) as well as the dirtier sound from 1950-52). Don't be fooled by imitations. I had my amp guy (Blackie Pagano) compare the two and he says the reissue uses cheap speakers and tube and doesn't have nearly the sound of the original. As for the Peche amps, they put the emphasis on the distorted sound of the '40's which isn't really as adaptable as this amp.

There are two Stimer amps of this vintage in the US and I've got both. Here's your chance to own a real rare item without the hassle and risk of importing. This is *the* classic Django sound. There are no substitutes.

This is also priced to sell at $1300. Cheaper than any of the reissues and better than all of them! Message me if you're interested.

Comments