DjangoBooks.com

Short video with my '79 Favino...

JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
edited April 2013 in Welcome Posts: 391
Enjoy...solo version of a song I wrote. 1979 Favino...which I think makes it a JP Favino, despite the Jacques label. Oh well... :) Beautiful guitar, that has been, and continues to be played a lot. It's got an amazing neck, and - not entirely sure how to describe this - feeds back to you when you hit it, like there's a bounce to the picking that wasn't there before. Love it!

Jon

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    great playing. I like your composition as well
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Sounds wonderful Jon! I think it's sounding even better then when you bought it last summer. :D

M
  • JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    Sounds wonderful Jon! I think it's sounding even better then when you bought it last summer. :D

M

:) Thanks! Yeah, the bridge has been up and down a bit since then, but I think it's at a good height now for the tone and intonation. It's also had some conservative intonation compensation carving done, and had the tuners replaced. Could maybe gain a fraction of a mm action to get rid of some (very slight) buzzes, and as insurance against the occasional slightly slacker set of Argentines, but it plays so well now, i'm reticent to fiddle too much anymore. The other thing not on display here is the great rhythm sound. A lovely guitar, and one that I'm very grateful that you introduced me to.

Jon
  • Lovely sound and very tasty playing Jon

Nothing like having one of those guitars that tells one what to play :lol:
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed