DjangoBooks.com

I Heard Django Cough!

ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
edited May 2006 in History Posts: 551
I know, even Gods cough once in a while, but I thought it was fun to hear.

This means he belongs to the small club of great coughs in recorded musical history, some others being The Beach Boys - Wendy and of course Jimi Hendrix on Purple Haze.

Oh yes, it was Body and Soul, 00:46.

...Any others?

Comments

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    It was actually Marcel Bianchi coughing. He was so excited about recording with Django for the first time. - Someone appears to belch in the middle of Django's beautiful solo on "I Can't Get Started" from the Rome 1949 session with Grappelli.
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    yes but can anyone identify the mysterious fart from the 1943 version of blues clair??? could it be the toxic fumes of the master himself???
  • Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
    :shock: :shock: That's you Dennis. You dirty beast! I sense you are not taking this important thread seriously enough.
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    ...wasn't that a Major, Augmented Fart? It didn't sound Diminished and certainly was not Minor by any means.... :lol:
  • HannaHanna New
    I didn`t know that Jimi coughs on Purple Haze....When?
  • ElliotElliot Madison, WisconsinNew
    Hanna wrote:
    I didn`t know that Jimi coughs on Purple Haze....When?

Jimi coughs, takes a breath, and starts singing. It is easier to hear on the UK album, but you can still hear it on the US release. Interestingly, on the UK release he also says (panning from one speaker to the other) on Third Stone From The Sun, "Lord...sweet lord", right before the theme starts, which scared the hell out of me the first time I heard it.
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Listen on headphones just before the guitar break on the London QHCF recording of Liza - I'm sure it's Django coughing
  • SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
    Listen on headphones just before the guitar break on the London QHCF recording of Liza - I'm sure it's Django coughing