DjangoBooks.com

Errata / Mistakes from the Book.

KardzGypzKardzGypz
edited December 2012 in Gypsy Rhythm Posts: 12
Hello guys,

I went to the Errata section concerning Gypsy Rhythm and found nothing, since I'm beggining this book, I figured out it would serve a good purpose for begginers if I, and of course, if we, listed the mistakes we find.

The first one I walked into was on page 23, where Michael writes about the Sixth and Fifth String Position.
In the Example 4 : the chords are supposed to have the Root on the sixth string, but the A7 got its Root on the A note, figuring at the 12th Fret of the 5th String.
In the Example 5 : the chords are supposed to have the Root on the fifth strng, but the A7 got its Root on the A note, figuring at the 5th Fret of the 6th String.

So the two A7 have been interchanged as a mistake.

It seems fairly obvious to most players I'm sure, but in case of begginers reading this book, I thought it would be helpful to point out.

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    KardzGypz wrote:
    In the Example 4 : the chords are supposed to have the Root on the sixth string, but the A7 got its Root on the A note, figuring at the 12th Fret of the 5th String.

Hi...actually that's not a mistake as what I meant by "Sixth String Position" is that the root of the tonic chord is on the sixth string. The roots of the other chords can be on other strings. The idea was to learn ii-V-I chord patterns in two places on the guitar.
    In the Example 5 : the chords are supposed to have the Root on the fifth strng, but the A7 got its Root on the A note, figuring at the 5th Fret of the 6th String.

Same deal here...

If you do find anything else let me know as I can fix it in the next reprint.

Thanks!

Michael
    Passacaglia