DjangoBooks.com

1950's Di Mauro St. Louis Blues: FOR SALE

teyoungteyoung ✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in Classifieds Posts: 24
I'm selling a very nice Joseph Di Mauro St Louis Blues from the 50's. The guitar is in great shape, minus some pick wear, the playability is perfect and the tone is spot on. Great instrument for someone looking for an affordable vintage gypsy guitar from one of the best known builders of the day. The guitar is currently listed on Ebay, but I am willing to sell through the forum if interested. ($2,800)
Spruce top
Maple back and sides
mahogany neck (rosewood spline)
Rosewood fingerboard
Brass Miller tuners
Dupont DR tailpiece

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Does the top have a pliage?

Where is it located?

thanks
  • teyoungteyoung ✭✭✭
    Di Mauro did not use pliage, this technique was, I believe, specific to maccaferri's mandolin style guitar design and not used by many others, including famous names like Busato, please correct me if I'm wrong. The guitar does however feature a slight Bombay on the top and an arched back in the busato style. This Di Mauro is a very well balanced instrument, It has almost no overtones giving it a very precise sound , If you have not had the pleasure of playing a vintage manouche instrument ,trust me, once you do you will not go back to any modern built guitar, there's just no way to replicate the sound. I am in Pennsylvania.