DjangoBooks.com

Where Is It?

SpaloSpalo England✭✭✭✭ Manouche Guitars "Modele Jazz Moreno" No.116, 1980's Saga Blueridge "Macaferri 500", Maton 1960's Semi, Fender Telecaster, Aria FA65 Archtop
edited September 2012 in History Posts: 186
I'm off to Paris, finally, after other proposed vistis were cancelled. I'd like to do some GJ sightseeing, so where can I find the Hot Club? I know it's not there any more but I'd like to see the location where all this started. And if anyone else has any suggestions for a longstanding GJ fan to visit I'd be happy to hear them.

Sp

Comments

• kimmokimmo Helsinki, Finland✭✭✭✭
    Sorry if I disappoint you, but to my knowledge there never was a place or location called The Hot Club. It was an association run by Panassie and Delauney etc. for promoting jazz in France.

Le Quintette du Hot Club de France was first formed at the back stage at the Hotel Claridge. There still is a luxury hotel by that name near the Arc of Triomph. It might even be the very same location, but I doubt there's anything there that even remotely hints to history of Django.