DjangoBooks.com

Possible UK Gypsy fest July 2013

crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
edited August 2012 in Europe Posts: 921
Good news, here's the first info about a planned Gypsy festival in Oxford UK in 2013. Details are few at the moment but hopefully more will follow.

http://www.gypsyjazzfest.moonfruit.com/

Facebookers can find it under Gypsy Jazz Uk's Facebook page.

Hope it happens and hope to make it there myself - maybe even with my band

Alan
always learning

Comments

• mobreaumobreau U.K✭✭✭
    Sounds interesting! Were gonna need something for next year I guess with Stuart remodeling Gossington. :D
  • pinkgarypinkgary ✭✭✭
    How was it this year, i couldn't get there? Was wondering how the line up change effected the feel of the rest of it. Still plenty of drinking & jamming?
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I didn't go to Gossington - too far for a shorter event and I didn't go to Samois either, mainly cos it's expensive and the last couple of years were dissapointing for me personally.

I got my gypsy jazz fix in Preston with Lollo and Fapy and some local gigs by Rose Room and Havana Swing and also since I've joined Gitane Ecosse I'm playing regulalry. Having said that I might have gone to Gossington - for the craic and the jammin ...and meeting up with people - if it had been longer.

This thing looks good and I know Oxford isn;t a short trip from Glasgow but it is possible, so I'm pretty sure some of us will come down. Hope to see as many people there as possible..

Alan
    always learning
  • rimmrimm Ireland✭✭✭✭ Paul doyle D hole, washburn washington
    Yeah, we sent an email over to as they were looking for artists to represent Northern Ireland-fingers crossed, Lovely part of the world.
    I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell