DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Related Discussions

Who's Online (0)

Today's Birthdays

Stef Nä ugarte downstrokebaby Morpion

Peche a la mouche pickup SOLD!

klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
edited May 2012 in Classifieds Posts: 1,648
Hi everyone -

I am selling a practically brand new Peche a la mouche magnetic pickup (http://tinyurl.com/75mbpza), right hand version. Price is $250 + shipping from Canada. I have played with it a few times, gigged with it once. Still in the original box.

If you're looking for a magnetic pickup for gypsy guitar, you can't beat this. I bought it to use in feedback-prone situations because my AT831b mike couldn't hack it. I wasn't willing to drill holes in my guitars for installed pickups, and I had found contact pickups like the Schertler Basik to be unsatisfactory (to my ears, YMMV).

However, I found that I just don't care for the electric sound at all. If you run it through an acoustic amp, the magnetic quality is tamed somewhat, but it's still a mag pickup, so you won't get true acoustic sound. I'm stuck on pre-Stimer acoustic Django, and that's that. Not long ago, I bought an Ischell Inside Box from Michael, and it has proven to be an excellent solution to my problem: needing good acoustic sound with feedback control. But if you favor electric Django, this is the pickup for you. I much prefer it over the Stimers that I have heard.
Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
-- Orson Welles

Comments

• MundoMundo Las Vegas, NevadaNew
    Peche a la mouche p-ups work fantastic and you're selling it for a great price! But like you it's not acoustic sound I want.

I got an Ischell from Michael as well and really like it. I'm driving myself crazy trying to find a sweet spot for the contact mic. Right now I have it on the inside part of the bridge and lower right below the high E string. I know that's not where the directions say it should go but I'm going with me ears...Any suggestions?

Mahalo- Mundo
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    It's like any contact pickup, the sweet spot may vary with the guitar. I mount mine exactly as the instructions say, smack in the middle of the bridge on the soundhole side with the center of the pickup a bit less than an inch away and, but your guitar may be different.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles