DjangoBooks.com

DjangoFestNW

Comments

• richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Is there camping available that is shaded? What do people do with their guitars for example if they are inside watching a show? I was thinking about just coming and setting up a tent, but maybe I am being naïve to think it's a simple as that
  • I have suggested a few times they set up a guitar check a la Wintergrass. A few times have left guitar at the front of the the theater where I could keep an eye on it during concert......but for middle school concerts hmmmm....
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Maybe A business opportunity for someone. Guitar checking for a fee?
    Buco
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • Jim GallaherJim Gallaher Staunton, VA 2012 ALD La Brune
    A local charity runs the gear/instrument check at Merlefest (Wilkesboro, NC, 80,000 attendance). The instruments are locked up in a large trailer overnight (cool temps in April) if not claimed by closing time, while folding chairs and other items are covered and inside a tent or locked tennis court area until claimed. While the service is free, most people leave $1.00 in the tip jar.
    Are there any simulcasts of the concerts happening this year for those who can't attend? This happened a few years back.
    I hope everyone had fun at DjangoFest this weekend. I particularly hated missing Florin Niculescu. Hopefully he'll be back next year. I had to pass as I was busy with amazing Galician musicians all weekend. Even got to play with them for a bit in Olympia tonight.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    Another great year at DjangoFest!

jazzygtrMandobart
  • jazzygtrjazzygtr Stillwater, MN✭✭ Gibson J-35
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited September 2014 Posts: 6,153
    The after-party with Stacie from WICA and Joscho!
    jazzygtrMandobart
  • LoritmoLoritmo Pacific NW✭✭✭
    Hey, Michael, who is the young man on the left in the first pic above? I recognize Mozes Rosenberg from the Saturday concert (which was incredible; Florin Niculescu was amazing!), but is the other guy another Rosenberg brother?