DjangoBooks.com

django integrale

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
edited November 2005 in CD, DVD, and Concert Reviews Posts: 2,159
is it me, or is improvisation no.5 (1947) missing? i can't seem to find this tune on any of the fremeaux cds... any help would be appreciated

Comments

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    never mind ... found it ... sorry guys!

i just learned it from another compilation i had...

i just wanted to see on what volume it was from fremeaux...

michael if you're reading this, is it me, or do you hear a hammer-ed E note on the A string, when he plays this passage towards the very end, a little before he does the classic stairway to heaven descent (Am G F E):
    e                    0
    b                 0
    g             2
    d         3
    a 0h7 ???
    e

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    that's a secret...ha ha

buy the book and find out:

<**** valign="top">Unaccompanied
    Django

Learn authentic Gypsy
    chord voicings and melodic patterns from the
    most accurate transcriptions of Django Reinhardt ever published!

Price: $55.00 </****>
    <**** valign="top" width="5">
    </****>
    <**** valign="top" width="100">

</****>

Well....i'll let is slide this time.

No, I don't have a hammer on in my transcription. If you can prove there is one I'll add it in the second addition!

'm
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    well, let's get this straight, you DO hear the E right?

as to whether it was an accident or not, i don't know, but i hear it very clearly...

you can also clearly hear that it was NOT attacked and the note that immediately follows (F) is clearly attacked with a downstroke.... which implies two possibilities,

1: unintentional : therefore his left hand accidently hammers on the E on the D string before plucking the F on the 3rd fret....

2: intentional, he quickly hammers on the E note on the A string!!! and very quickly shifts position to nail the F on the D string..... which strikes me as a rather odd....

what do you think?
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    I'm not exactly sure what measure you're talking about...the tab you posted earlier doesn't correspond to my transcription. I assume you're talking about the last 10 or so measures of the piece where he descends Am, GM, FM, EM

Are you saying the hammer on is on the FM? I don't have one in my transcription...if I get a chance I'll listen to the recording again.

He does do a hammer on from the open A to C on an ascending FM arp. earlier in the piece. Right after the super fast descending Phrygian run.

'm