DjangoBooks.com

trinity ?

ramsezazramsezaz Paris, FranceNew
Hello,
I was wondering if someone uses (or has used, or has tried) the K&K trinity system :

http://www.gollihur.com/kkbass/trinityg.html

It seems quite good from the description (1 mic + 3 piezo pickups), combining 2 ways to capture sound and still manages to get easy to use (1 jack to plug in)

I'm really wondering if it's up its promises
my lutherie blog : http://ramsezaz/blogspot.com

Comments

• Josh HeggJosh Hegg Tacoma, WAModerator
    Looks cool. Just get the set up and let us know how it is. :D
  • dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
    I have that on my eimers guitar (which is on ebay right now). Combined with the bigtone pickup (use a stereo cable), you have a lot of tonal flexibility... stochelo rosenberg has the same setup on his eimers, with a good amp, you have the same tone as stochelo on the bireli DVD.

however i would only recommend installing one if you plan on playing plugged in very often... because having someinthg inside your guitar affects the natural volume and tone of the guitar, so it is not as efficient for acoustic jams...

but plugged in, it works wonders!!! i have people compliment me on my tone when i used that system for big shows
  • campfirecampfire New
    I had the K&K "Pure Western' on a Dunn Belleville for awhile, and it was a nice sounding pickup. It had its share of onboard noise, and boominess, but it was pretty resistant to feedback. Truthfully, I like the Bigtone in my Shelly Park Encore much better than anything I've tried so far. She has some "magic" way of installing them, so they sound more natural, and even. A friend of mine recently put a Schatten in his Hodson, and it really sounds good! I'm definitely interested in the Schatten, but not in my Park. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) Maybe my DA "Manouche".

BTW, it's been my experience with ALL inside the guitar mics, they just feedback too easily. My friend has an Eimers Stochelo Model, and he never uses it (the mic) for that reason. I had the one in my Dunn "Rhythm Futur" removed, and a Bigtone installed. Quack City, but at least I can be heard in a noisy club or restaurant, now.

Larry
    www.larrycamp.com (my personal jazz guitar website)
    www.impromptujazz.com (my gypsy-jazz website)