DjangoBooks.com

Youtube videos on Gypsy Jazz

dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator
in Gypsy Jazz 101 Posts: 2,159

Hello folks! I've started making Youtube videos on my personal channel (not DC Music School). These are free videos on a wide range of topics. I started doing this because every year, people email me about certain topics, and some of them are complex questions, so I decided to start doing this! It takes a lot of time and money (hiring assistand and video editor) to make these videos, so if you do enjoy the content, it would be super appreciated if you could like, subscribe and leave a comment to please the Youtube algorithm. I found out from my Youtube mentor Christiaan van Hemert that it's all about pleasing the algorithm. This allows me to eventually monetize the videos and attempt to make back the money I spent to make this free content.

First topic on the history of plectrum technique (multi-part video):

Second topic is on learning the jazz language. Do not be fooled by the title; I made it with classical violinists in mind, but it applies to all instruments:

Third topic is on the Gypsy sound; why Gypsy players tend to have their own sound that goes way beyond Gypsy Picking or Gypsy Jazz licks.

I will make more soon, and if you have suggestions for topics, let me know! I will make one on rhythm guitar soon

Bucogeese_comrudolfochristBillDaCostaWilliamsadrianwdickersonStringsMichaelHorowitzScoredognomadgtrand 5 others.

Comments

• jeffmatzjeffmatz ChicagoNew

Very cool man, consider it watched and liked, I'll comment later too.

• jeffmatzjeffmatz ChicagoNew

• swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)

Inspirational Denis, All 3 mesmerized me. Thank you for putting so much time and energy into explaining and teaching this music!

• wdickersonwdickerson Austin, TXNew Holo #73

Thank you Denis!

• ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,319

Very cool!

Thanks Denis!

• MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited August 2019 Posts: 393

Very good indeed! And perfect timing too. Being at home with a terrible cold I had the time to watch them all (and pushing the "like-button").

• dennisdennis Montreal, QuebecModerator

Thanks for watching folks!!! I ‘ll be making way more shortly! Stay tuned, and if there’s a topic you’d like covered, I ‘ll see what I can do..

Some of the next ones I will be doing:

”rhythm guitar”

”why fakebooks are a crutch”

”learning songs the right way”

”Eating ramen like a champ”

LumenaDeuxDoigts_Tonnerre

Dennis, I have a question: how do you fit 36 hours into a 24 hour day? By all accounts it's what's happening.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MatteoMatteo Sweden✭✭✭✭ JWC Modele Jazz, Lottonen "Selmer-Maccaferri"
    edited August 2019 Posts: 393

I have no idea what happened with my post, the "error rendering this rich post". I was just typing in a normal way. Let's see how this goes ...