DjangoBooks.com

Russian Tune

B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805
edited August 2019 in Repertoire Posts: 184

I heard a simple but beautiful unknown(to me) Russian tune in a BBC- Reel video titled "The tiny fish that founded a city". It is in Russian language with English subtitles. Can someone identify the name of this tune and have a lead sheet. The audio is most clear beginning at 1:53

You can also do a search for the tiny fish that founded a city - BBC Reel

Thanks, Rocky

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator

No clue. Maybe just a composition for the video? Chord progression sounds pretty standard and the melody would be pretty doable to transcribe though.

• tarantogatarantoga

Hi. Sorry, but there is nothing Russian about this tune. The tunes similar to this one you can hear in every third russian tv movie or show, written especially for them. So probably no chance to find a sheet, but the koryushka would be a much easier catch😉.

• B25GibB25Gib Bremerton WA✭✭✭✭ Holo Busato, Dell'Arte Hommage, Gitane D-500, Eastman AR805

Bones - I agree pretty simple melody to learn. My video bandwidth quickly uses my 3 GIG plan. I'll find a WiFi with my guitar where I won't disturb others to learn this.

tarantoga - Thanks for the clarification on many similar 'tunes".

Rocky