DjangoBooks.com

Django and the new quintet - IN ENGLISH

PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
edited August 2019 in Repertoire Posts: 426

Hi guys,

I am happy to announce that, thanks to Teddy Dupont suggestions, the clarinet quintet website is now available in English. It is still work in progress but I already translated a good half of the content. If you use it, please let me know what you think of the content, the interface etc.

Teddy DupontBucoPetrovrudolfochristwim

Comments

• Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    edited August 2019 Posts: 1,854

Cool!

Paps, there are a few typos and errors... how interested are you in hearing about them?

or perhaps not...?

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Of course I am. I want this website to be a reference for the community so it is open to suggestions, improvements. (And even if I am the one putting this together, this website is the collective work of quite a lot of people who have agreed to generously share their work for free)

I did the translations and proofreading myself so I am not too surprised that there are some errors.

Paps, they are mostly very minor errors and don’t worry, your text is quite easily readable by anyone who can read the English language.

But if you would really like to know where the little problems are, I will try to PM you soon.

Will

Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

That sounds good. Thanks for your help

• Teddy DupontTeddy Dupont Deity
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Thanks Teddy. As I said, it is thanks to your push and suggestions that I did it!

• BonesBones Moderator

Thanks Paps for all your work!

OK, buddy, I just PM'd you some text suggestions!

Will

Dude, you should get a medal. This is hours of work that you spent while you could've been woodshedding or playing golf or drinking beer or whatever...

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭

Thanks Will for the comments and thanks Buco, Bones for your support.

My medal would be to see the music of the clarinet quintet more played in jams and the value of the musicians of the quintet being more recognized :)

And to be honest, I am doing this because I cant play music at home as often as I would like to for now. It is a good substitute

BucoBillDaCostaWilliams