DjangoBooks.com

New Bireli instructional DVD

guit_boxguit_box New
edited June 2006 in Licks and Patterns Posts: 113
I'm wondering where I can purchase this dvd. There are around 10 short clips on google videos, and on one he said it was produced by a company called Guitar One, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere on the web. It appears to be mostly licks, intros, endings, and some chord progressions. Does anyone know more about it? Will I be able to purchase it from DjangoBooks?

Comments

• Tom ConwayTom Conway Maui, HawaiiNew
    You should be able to get it here: www.musicdispatch.com .
    TC
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    guit_box wrote:
    I'm wondering where I can purchase this dvd. There are around 10 short clips on google videos, and on one he said it was produced by a company called Guitar One, but I cannot find it for sale anywhere on the web. It appears to be mostly licks, intros, endings, and some chord progressions. Does anyone know more about it? Will I be able to purchase it from DjangoBooks?

Was it actually released as a DVD? As far as I knew, Guitar One was just another one of the many monthly guitar magazines full of shredding tips...I think they usually have some web links for the lessons (e.g. the Bireli lesson) but I'm not sure they produce everything for a commercial release...so the clips on Google might be the whole thing.

Best,
    Jack.
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 2&q=bireli

He says it's a cdrom, so maybe it is just part of a magazine article. I still can't locate the magazine. It would be nice to have the notation for these clips.
  • JackJack western Massachusetts✭✭✭✭
    I still haven't looked at the videos, but it could be the lesson in this post:
    viewtopic.php?t=962
    The magazine came out last year some time, which is probably why you can't find it.

Best,
    Jack.
  • guit_boxguit_box New
    That's it, thanks.
  • ghodaddyyoghodaddyyo The slums of OCNew
    I've been a subscriber to G1 for years and don't remember this article. I have to fish through my back copies and maybe upgrade my subscription to start including the CDRoms.

An interesting thing I found in the article is in the last paragraph Bireli describes a technique using upstroke sweeps. Even giving the pick directions of up-up-up-down. He then jokes about not letting Frank Gambale see it. That's exactly the kind of habit I thought I was supposed to break, as I was using the Frank Gambale, Jimmy Bruno method for some time now.

Ah well, my gypsy picking studies have been coming along fine, and I do enjoy the assertive tone it's given me, especially in acoustic playing. I will continue and hope to assimilate it into my other techniques so that one day I too will no longer have to worry about what my hands are doing.
    "Aw, that's just pillow talk baby!"
  • DedwoodDedwood Springfield, ILNew
    FYI:
    The "Feature Lesson" is in the November 2005 edition (Iron Maiden cover). Honestly, it is a waste of money. The article is three pages long with approx. a half page text and interview and 9 examples ranging from rhythm to sweep picking. The CD-ROM only shows Bireli playing the examples (on my system the sound quality was borderline unlistenable).
    I just checked guitaronemag.com for back issue availability. The issue is listed for sale at $7.99. Hope this helps.