DjangoBooks.com

Seeking recommendation on archtop good for GJ- Loar maybe ?

13»

Comments

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Have a luthier check it out - might be easily rectified (or not). Is the neck straight? Is there any way to lower the bridge any further - is there enough break angle over the bridge to accommodate lowering it?
  • everetteverett san francisco✭✭✭
    I scored this levin for just over $1k. It’s is a fantastic playing and sounding guitar.
    MarkA
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    everett wrote: »
    I scored this levin for just over $1k. It’s is a fantastic playing and sounding guitar.
    Agreed, I had one similar, it was I think their 335 model (which I believe predates the use of that number by Gibson).

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited May 2019 Posts: 959
    But now while we are on archtops, my #1 is a 1954 Hofner Committee; its big and its loud !
  • larryllarryl New
    edited May 2019 Posts: 35
    I returned the Kay and got my money refunded. I got the Eastman 610 and am very happy with it. Maybe sometime down the road I will try a Loar 700, but would like to play it in person first. Thanks to everyone for their help and input,,,much appreciated !
    Those Levin guitars look amazing...after 56 years of playing guitar, I had never heard of them before...how did I miss that ?? Thanks for posting about them !
    Buco
  • I second the Eastman AR610. It's a great playing and sounding guitar....plus it looks just like an L5! Acoustically it sounds dry and projects well. I have a modern DeArmond pickup that remarkably has a nice acoustic tone. I can't say enough about this guitar or Eastman in general. Go for it @larryl.