DjangoBooks.com

My New CD Nouveau Hits SJazz Top 25 and Billboard! nu Review Too....Shameless PR

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
edited July 2019 in Welcome Posts: 867
My new album "Nouveau" is in, Gypsy Jazz meets Groove Jazz. Maybe not for everyone but hope some of you like this hybrid.

Best

Craig

http://scoredog.tv/solo-artist/

https://www.smoothjazznetwork.com/top-100-chart?fbclid=IwAR0v7a9zj6ce4Hc813AoPbRDesha47CGq-OmwrLi2_cZAw0jkuBHi5_FkYc

BucoJosechikyrichter4208NylonDaveJim Kaznosky

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    I'm really enjoying it Craig. I def am a big fan of the classic stuff but I also like a break from la pompe...sometimes :-)

Nice how you merged some traditional GJ with modern feel.
    Scoredog
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Bones, glad you are enjoying it!
  • Congrats Craig. The playing, production, and vibe is great. Well done.
    Scoredog
  • edited April 2019 Posts: 4,730
    Looks like you're having a lot of interest on your site Craig, I got to the Place De...and it kinda crashed on me.

Man, you're such a musical chameleon, it's great how you can embody different styles and blend them fairly organically.
    This final mix is a bit mellower, no? Seems like the bass and kick drum are tamed a bit and it's warmer sounding overall. The mix is still just incredibly... coherent. Like, it doesn't matter if the instrument is forward or back, everything is there.
    My favorite in the groove sense is Place De...
    Partly because I'm familiar with the melody and can bop my head to it but it sits so well at that half time groove, so good.
    Sure it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea. Some of it I love, some like, some is acquired taste.
    All of it though is truly a world class work.

PS as I was writing this the site came back up.
    richter4208Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
    edited April 2019 Posts: 867
    Thanks so much Buco and Jim!

Buco,

I can't remember now the difference in the mix from what I originally sent you but I live with mixes and then tweak so I guess I was hearing it smoother, maybe you even mentioned something...:). I listen to what everyone says, I don't always agree but I think most view points are valid and worth consideration. It's the least I can do when someone gives you their time. I'm usually observant enough to know after reading if the idea is worth implementing.
    richter4208Buco
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    thanks Score!
    ScoredogJosechiky
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    Even in spite of being a devout “moldy fig”, I enjoyed that!

Thanks for sharing Mr. Dog!
    Scoredog
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."
    Enjoyed it last night, thanks.
    Scoredog
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel