DjangoBooks.com

Summer is Coming

NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
These are D'Addario EJ44 Pro Arte Extra Hard Tension Classical Guitar Strings Just over two years old !

This guitar never sounded as good with these as it does with regular tension. Probably too tight for her to ring fully, slower bass response for rasgueado etc.... I honestly don't notice any extra tension as it's a really nice guitar to play with them on.

I guess this is a repost but it was buried in another thread so I hope you don't mind. I put it up the other afternoon because Maggie actually wanted me to play for her, it was fun and summer is coming.

In another month or so I am actually going to put on new strings. I'll let you know how she sounds, should be a bit better.

vanmalmsteenJosechikyBuco

Comments

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    That is swing’n’ bro !
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited April 2019 Posts: 337
    I wonder if the Selmac style nylon string guitar offers more tension on the strings or is the scale length not longer?
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Sorry I can't help you there Jim, I've never played one.

I don't like to discuss a guitar I haven't played as I've never met two the same. I do feel lucky to have this one though, given she is so forgiving of my neglect.

D.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    nice ambience though it still feels like winter.
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    Thanks Score.

I never look forward to winter though, I doubt anyone in Scotland ever does.

Hopefully there is a little more summer below, from the same day. My apologies for the clams but I doubt I'll ever want to try and play this a second time.

I certainly hope it's not winter coming as I am going to cycle to Aberdeen and back next week.

Buco