DjangoBooks.com

Selmer607 School

jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
in Technique Posts: 705
Has anybody else seen the free lessons from Selmer607 school? The first one is with Adrian, the second with Antoine Boyer, the third with Sebastien. Good stuff, I especially like Adrian's chomatic arp warm up in E Maj. https://www.selmer607school.com/ls607-1-exercice-echauffement/?awt_l=IgiKy&awt_m=3dleGAc1siG2RQE

Comments

• wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Are there transcriptions? I will be interested to see how they notate that ending of Hungaria... ;)
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. Transcribed another from this session (have yet to write it down) Joseph Joseph. Inspired playing from Adrien as usual.
    Can you post the links to the other videos you mentioned, can't find them on the site.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Thanks. Transcribed another from this session (have yet to write it down) Joseph Joseph. Inspired playing from Adrien as usual.
    Can you post the links to the other videos you mentioned, can't find them on the site.
    Clement Reboul is also sharing the Selmer607 lessons with links from his site. You might try;
    https://www.apprendre-le-jazz-manouche.com
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    @Wim Glenn The only transcription I see for Adrien is the warm up exercise. There are English sub titles, but you must turn them on. I'll attach Adrien's warm up.
    JosechikyJim Kaznosky
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    edited March 2019 Posts: 122
    Hi guys,

I enrolled to the Selmer School almost 2 years ago,in September of 2017, when it was launched and I'd recommend to anyone.The website is under construction since then and improving and growing up every week,implementing new things every week,updating it with new videos from the artists and transcriptions.It's undeniable that they are doing a good job and great effort with the site.As for the transcriptions,although most of the stuff from the exercises have been transcribed so far,in the beginning there were no plans to transcribe the tunes because the main idea was to learn like the gypsies would learn: by listening.But they finally are in the task of transcribing half of the tunes,something that people almost deaf (and dumb XD) like me appreciate so much.I hope that in the end almost everything will be transcribed so we can check that we are working well,although I guess that this doesn't really matter.

I don't know if it is still possible to join the site,but if it were,I would not hesitate about enrolling and support it.The more supporters,the more encouragement for them that could contribute to make the site better and keep growing up.
  • JosechikyJosechiky
    edited March 2019 Posts: 122
    jonpowl wrote: »
    @Wim Glenn The only transcription I see for Adrien is the warm up exercise. There are English sub titles, but you must turn them on. I'll attach Adrien's warm up.

By the way,it seems that this is one of the favourite's warm up plan of Adrien.You can find it too in one of the volumes of In the style of Adrien Moignard from the DC Music School :-).
  • jonpowl wrote: »

Thank you for this. I remember seeing the video for this awhile ago and could not seem to find it.

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    jonpowl wrote: »

Here are some things which I like in transcriptions and which are missing from this pdf.

1. Fingering (frets are NOT fingers)
    2. Position indications.
    3. Clear indication of whether a shift is direct or expand and pinch or facilitated by a glide finger.
    4. PICKING INDICATIONS, since anyone who needs the transcription needs those most of all.
    5. Correct enharmonics, ie F#m is being approached by its leading tone E# which is part of a rootless C#7b9.
    6. Tempo indication !!
    7. All of the above, or consulation with an editor who is actually familiar with how music is written, why and how much more information can be included in a score and actually taken in at sight by someone who actually reads music (as opposed to someone who thinks they can). @adrian springs to mind.

But that's the opinion of someone who actually reads music. Everyone who has been told not to learn will know better and everyone who uses as music as tab and thinks that they can read will know better too.

Never sell anyone a rod who will buy a fish.
    Never sell meat when you get the same money for a few scales... or arpeggios.

D.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Actually it was just a throwaway joke, because Adrien bummed the last note in an amusing way. ;)

But, nevermind that! @NylonDave what brand of soapbox do you use?
    Josechikyjonpowl