DjangoBooks.com

Still looking for information about Bucolo

Comments

• AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Alan - it'll look a lot better when I sell it to you ....
    ChrisMartinBuco
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    Looks better in the 2nd, stripped back photo. I look forward to when you sell it.
    always learning
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    an interesting guitar described as a "Bucolo" on eBay in France
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    AndyW wrote: »
    an interesting guitar described as a "Bucolo" on eBay in France
    Yes, that came up on my 'favourite searches' but it is claimed to be a Horace Bucolo. He was the better known as a luthier and did have a workshop in Paris on rue Keller and was supposedly a foreman at Busato before that. His guitars have a fine reputation and do occasionally turn up for sale, there have been a couple here at Djangobooks too.
    The mystery is who was Pierre Bucolo. Did he ever make guitars, or did he always have them made for him? Certainly Pierre Fontaine said he was one of his best customers. So was he just a wholesaler? And are the two even related?
    This guy may be a useful source of knowledge, he's a well known pro guitarist from Catania in Sicilia and apparently has a collection of historic guitars from the city's luthiers:

Agostino Tilotta:

This Antonino Napoli guitar is the first I've ever seen with the same soft-shouldered, small-bodied shape as Chris & my Bucolos:
    a possible workshop for some "P. Bucolo- Catania" instruments ?
    The Napoli workshop was in Via Case Sante in Catania.
    c.f. https://www.fetishguitars.com/sicily-southern-italy/antonino-napoli/
    Buco
    Here's part two of my P.Bucolo = A. Napoli detective work ;-)
    one (labelled) guitar from each maker.
    More than a coincidental similarity, to my eyes.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 600
    "Attach neck (A) to body (B) using bolts provided (C)"
    Buco
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 959
    Oh ! Where did they come from? I have had the inspection camera inside mine as I need to reset the heel block at some time and I saw no screws. Were they already in there (maybe a previous repair?) or is that your planned fix for what appears to be a poorly designed joint?
    Or did Bucolo make guitars for Ikea?
    In all other respects mine is identical.
    AndyW
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    or did Bucolo make guitars for Ikea?.
    Yes he did, they sold under the name Klumpa.
    AndyWChrisMartinBuco
    always learning