DjangoBooks.com

So...did this to my bridge...

2»

Comments

And they put 5 times margin, that's hilarious.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • donquardodonquardo New
    The bottom of those notches should be close to (maybe 2/1000" wider) than the string that rests in the notch. Also, the angle of the bottom of the notch should roughly split the difference of the angle of the string over the fretboard/body and the angle of the string from the bridge to the tailpiece. That allows for solid contact between the bottom of the slot and the string which will prevent the after-length of the string from vibrating. Check out this photo which pictures the filing an electric guitar nut. It's the same principle at the bridge *split the difference of the two planes with the nut slotting file.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Exactly what I meant. It is only recently that some imaginative folks have started selling these as 'guitar tools' but they have been used by welders for years.

Thanks for the tip @Chris Martin , I've just ordered this set ($1.99 and free shipping..?!) Will try it out on a Dupont bridge and see how it goes..
    pdg