DjangoBooks.com

Gallato (France)

Comments

• BonesBones Moderator
    Yeah how's it sound? Post some pics if you can.
    Feruza2134
  • wimdenwimden BelgiumNew GALLATO RS-39 BOUCHE O
    Pics and sound will follow. However, it is difficult to play chords without it sounding like a mess. It is the first time that I have a gypsy guitar longer than five minutes in hand. I want to practice first. Photos will of course follow sooner.
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Haha yeah chord changes can be challenging. Start slow as necessary to play cleanly. :-)
    wimden
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    Try these GJ chords to get started, as you can play a lot of songs with the somewhat simple fingerings. Don't hesitate to use the thumb on the low E string, as it is common in GJ. Check out Django in June's Get Ready page for enough info to keep you going for a while.
    Bucowimden
  • wimdenwimden BelgiumNew GALLATO RS-39 BOUCHE O
    I think I start with 'all of me'. I try to show you some pictures and a sound recording within a week.
  • JoseJose Minneapolis New DuPont MD 50
    You should start with an easier song like minor swing, minor blues, Joseph Joseph etc once you get an idea of how to play chords and how to play “La Pompe” then move to more complex songs.
    wimden
  • BonesBones Moderator
    I would agree with Jose if you are beginning. Start with Minor Swing or something simple. All of Me is more advanced. Get the simple stuff down so it is clean and easy first.
  • Sultan_of_SwingSultan_of_Swing BelgiumNew
    Hello,

I’m trying to get started playing gyspy jazz, and I’ve been looking to purchase the Gallato RS-39 petite bouche, as I see there’s a promotion on the Gallato website at €650.

On the Valley & Blues website, which I believe is Gallato’s shop, I notice that the same guitar is €1100 and the guitar for €650 seems to show photos of another guitar (mahogany back and sides). I’ve sent an email asking to clarify, but so far I haven’t received an answer.

@wimden could you clear things up? I’d like to buy the petite bouche with rosewood back and sides, but I’m confused as to which one is on offer.

Thanks
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    I also agree with Jose, with minor swing you can play it kind of with just 1 chord shape that you would just slide up and down, that way you can really focus on your rythm sound and not so much on the chord changes.
    JoseBones
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Exactly, what Feruza said. Focus on getting good clean tone and good time first. Then work on more challenging chord progressions.

Sultan, I think they do have a lower budget model. Not sure what the difference is though.