DjangoBooks.com

Flèche d'or is now Golden arrow (Scaramouche)

Hi Django friends, i'm not sure Django would have approved this but we put some lyrics on Flèche d'or ;)

We are Scaramouche, a group from Barcelona, hope you like it and feel free to comment. It's reasonably well recorded so you can hear a Mazaud Vieux Paris and an Olivier Marin guitar in action.

Come on! You shouldn’t miss the Golden Arrow,
There’s something new in Paris that boy you have to see
This guy that everyone there knows as Django
He will show you how to make a guitar sing.

He has composed a crazy tricky new song
An hypnotizing melody with two simple chords
And if you want to see him playing this tune
You just don’t have to miss the Flèche d’Or, let’s go!....
BucowimScoredogBonesJose

Comments

Ha that was a lot of fun to watch and listen.
    Brilliant!
    It's reasonably well recorded so you can hear a Mazaud Vieux Paris and an Olivier Marin guitar in action.
    Man you guys are much too modest. These last few videos are some of the best quality recordings I've heard recently.

Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for sharing it. Sounds great. Great singing and playing.....added to my spotify!
  • bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    Excellent. Not derivative. The last fun arrangement of this I had heard was Daisy Castro. I’ll be keeping eyes and ears open for more of you guys!
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Cool, love the funk groove. Thanks.
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    1:41 i heard the Licc , enjoyable listen!
  • TwangTwang New
    I loved this, thank you!
    They're one of my favorite gypsy jazz bands, the album they put out a couple of years ago is incredible.
    This is another recent video:
    BillDaCostaWilliams
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • Thank you for your kind words. After realising that we have been playing this style with Scaramouche for two years and we couldn't play all together any Django tune we had to have fun with one of his songs and put some lyrics on it.
    AndyW
  • TwangTwang New
    Wonderful stuff! Made my evening! I dream of playing this well in a band this good.
    These guys are living the dream.
    Buco
  • BillDaCostaWilliamsBillDaCostaWilliams Barreiro, Portugal✭✭✭ Mateos, Altamira M01F, Huttl
    Great taste.
    Thanks.
    quitos52