DjangoBooks.com

Doesn't look like a Di Mauro to me !

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
Does anyone have any idea what this might be? It doesn't look like any Di Mauro I have seen before, and it has a 9th fret marker instead of 10th. It also has a solid, not slotted, headstock. Quite a cute looking curiosity but not two grand's worth ! The seller seems to be an experienced guitar dealer so one would expect them to have some knowledge, but I suspect someone has guessed by the shape, if not the position of the F holes, a couple of diamond shape fret markers and a floating bridge with separate saddle that calling it a Di Mauro was the way to go.
Anyone recognise it?
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-Di-Mauro-Small-Gypsy-Jazz-Guitar-Super-Cool-w-Original-Case/392194860948?hash=item5b50a2a794:g:frUAAOSwP8dcFn6g:rk:1:pf:0

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Oh yes, and note: It is " Super Cool" too.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    Looks like trash to me. $2k is dreamin'!
    t-bird
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    I told the seller "he's dreaming", well in a slightly politer way, but he just says it came from a collector's estate and had a handwritten tag with Di Mauro on it, and it was written on the case too. So there you go, conclusive evidence (not).
    Strangely I feel I have seen one like this before though, maybe Czech? I will have a dig through my files when I have time.
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    Is that like a parlor body style?
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Came up on my eBay feed also. Never heard about or saw any DiMauro of that type - not that that means anything...
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    Looks 1920s /30s and North/East European, to me.
    Weymann Guitars made something similar in USA, I think. HTH.