DjangoBooks.com

Adrien Moignard - masterclass except - chord choices

AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
in Technique Posts: 600
Spotted this recent AM video, looks interesting:

Buco

Comments

• JojoJojo London UK
    Am impressed by the chords (descending 11ths) but also how all the guitars sound when playing those chords
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    there's another quick tip from Adrien on the same gentleman's channel:

[ I wonder if youtube channel owner Paul Sommer
    is a forum member ?? ]
    alton
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    I transcribed that second one on my Soundslice channel a few weeks ago. Direct link here.

Adrian
    AndyWBucoNylonDavesteffoBones
    I'll have to learn these.
    Homework for today.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited December 2018 Posts: 462
    adrian wrote: »
    I transcribed that second one on my Soundslice channel a few weeks ago. Direct link here.

Adrian

Another beautiful, clear, meticulously spelled, and enjoyable score meeting the highest professional standards and with the kind of rhythmic detail that only comes with long experience in both listening to and reading real music. Hats off Adrian.

I am skeptical about most of the 'modern'/online/app software projects aimed musicians/learners. They are often written by non musicians or, even worse, by the illiterate for the illiterate and cashing in for a quick buck on poorly finished work.

It really cheers me up when the person at the head of an ambitious project, such as Soundslice, has not only all the skills but also the integrity to see the job through. And to set a GREAT example for other users by showing how a professional can use their system. I'm amazed at how generous you are with your time and expertise.

D.
    adrian
  • Lango-DjangoLango-Django Niagara-On-The-Lake, ONModerator
    ^^^ This.^^^
    Paul Cezanne: "I could paint for a thousand years without stopping and I would still feel as though I knew nothing."

Edgar Degas: "Only when he no longer knows what he is doing does the painter do good things.... To draw, you must close your eyes and sing."

Georges Braque: "In art there is only one thing that counts: the bit that can’t be explained."