Logo
Call Us
Categories

DjangoBooks.com

Welcome to our Community!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Today's Birthday

FabriceS

Related Discussions

Who's Online (5)

• adk 1:52PM
  • Cuimean 1:52PM
  • Feruza2134 1:53PM
  • JDRooke 1:52PM
  • spatzo 1:53PM

Rodrigo Shopis Guitars

124»

Comments

• Appel wrote: »
    Greetings! This is a pretty old thread ... does anyone have any recent info on Rodrigo Shopis? Is he still out there, building great guitars somewhere? The website is ... well, it seems to go somewhere else now. Curious.

He is a GREAT luthier. I hope he's all right and still creating, somewhere. Any info would be helpful.

- Tim

You can get in touch with him at his Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/rodrigo.shopis

At was thinking of having a guitar built at one time and sent him a message on Facebook. We talk on there for a little bit then he sent me an email to discuss further.

• Rodrigo made me a guitar a few years ago and it is a spectacular instrument. He is a very skilled craftsman and does great work. Highly recommended.
  • klaatuklaatu Nova ScotiaProdigy Rodrigo Shopis D'Artagnan, 1950s Jacques Castelluccia
    You should be able to locate him on facebook.

Rodrigo is a wonderful guy and one of the great modern builders. I've owned three of his guitars, my latest one being a custom design that he and I worked out together. His guitars are meticulously crafted and sound wonderful. He doesn't try to slavishly reproduce a vintage sound but instead creates his own interpretation of the gypsy guitar. I've played and owned guitars by many of the great builders and have always found that Rodrigo's simply seem to suit me best.
    Benny

"It's a great feeling to be dealing with material which is better than yourself, that you know you can never live up to."
    -- Orson Welles
  • mandocatmandocat Santa Rosa, CA✭✭✭ Rodrigo Shopis, Baby Taylor
    Considering how much people like Shopis guitars (including me), it surprised me that a D'Artagnan Model F was for sale on Djangobooks for about a year before it went at a "Blow Out" price. Someone got a great deal on a very nice handmade guitar.
  • In addition to what I said previously, I wanted to mention that Rodrigo's guitars also work well in a variety of non-gypsy applications. I've used mine with excellent results as a rhythm instrument in a traditional jazz setting, it handles fingerpicking very well and it's served me well playing vintage country/western music, folk and blues. So it really is an excellent choice for an all around acoustic guitar in my opinion. And I was also surprised that one sat for so long on this website at a bargain price. Someone got a winner.
  • Andrew UlleAndrew Ulle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Antoine DiMauro modele Django
    what's his website?