DjangoBooks.com

Tennis Elbow and La Pompe?

1235»

Comments

• edited October 2018 Posts: 88
    My therapist said that posture is like an arrow bow. So, during self-care we need to counter that force to balance the tension. He recommends:

(1) Grip the shoulder muscle (left hand on right shoulder, then the other way) -- top of Trapezius, where you can kind of grab it like a tube -- and pull forward and down toward front chest.

(2) Grab your big chest muscle between nipple and the arm pit and squeeze, while using your thumb to massage and push out (toward shoulder) where the big muscle narrows and connects to your shoulder.

(3) Lie on bed (or better, on floor, with a foam roller pressed along your spine) so you can open your chest. Like a snow angel position, arms stretched out and wide. Let the gravity pull your arms down so the chest muscles are stretched. Breathe deeply and relax.
  • Stand in doorway with arms out to the side and forearms facing up up. Grab door frame and push chest out stretching arms back
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Wow, this has come a long way from my original 'tennis elbow' question. Anyone care to debate kidney stones next?
  • edited October 2018 Posts: 88
    Wow, this has come a long way from my original 'tennis elbow' question. Anyone care to debate kidney stones next?
    Yes.

J/K.

But it's all connected to bad posture and tension. And the goal is the same; to be able to play guitar with the best posture and least tension.
    Buco
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited October 2018 Posts: 959
    Its OK lewischang88 I was just kidding ya. I have followed the dialogue all through and there is some solid advice too (although some are just telling their own story possibly to big themselves up. as often happens in online forums) but I was just remarking how far one conversation can drift. I will tell of my neck problems another time, but it could yet be far more serious....