DjangoBooks.com

How does this bridge work

Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
Does anybody know where the strings go on this bridge?
And is this bridge any good?
Thanks!

Comments

• Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    And for the Dupont bridge in the Djangobooks store(Accesories>Bridges), do you need to carve little spots for the strings?
    Thanks
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited September 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Yes, use nut notching files to make tiny indentations. Get the string locations correct, distance from edge of fretboard and spacing. Never tried one of those bridges so I can't say if they are any good
  • crookedpinkycrookedpinky Glasgow✭✭✭✭ Alex Bishop D Hole, Altamira M & JWC D hole
    I had one of those on my Gitane d250m and it was absolutely fine.
    always learning
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited September 2018 Posts: 541
    I have one of these bridges on my recently purchased Cigano GJ15 (which is a nice guitar for the money, I gotta admit).

I'd say it's a pointless complication, since it is really just a linearly- compensated bridge, the B saddle not being moved back relative to the rest of the strings as is common with truly compensated bridges.

A typical, linearly-compensated bridge that brings the high E side closer to the nut accomplishes the same thing as this bridge, which appears to me a little bulky. I think the step-like design adds unnecessary mass to an already big bridge that could use a little more hollowing out, IMHO.

Here is a truly compensated bridge:
    https://www.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=8EC80D3A-4BF8-4310-959F-224BEA078B10&Image_Type=image