DjangoBooks.com

Best cheap pickup?

Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
Hi guys, do you know any cheap pickups that sound good? and perhaps even an amp?
Thanks a lot!
Cheers

Comments

• jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I like my Krivo Nuevo single coil. I think it was around $150 US. It sounds good through my Fender Blues Junior or my Roland Cube Street.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    And another vote for the Krivo Nuevo.
  • StringswingerStringswinger Santa Cruz and San Francisco, CA✭✭✭✭ 1993 Dupont MD-20, Shelley Park Encore
    Yet another vote for the Krivo Nuevo......
    "When the chord changes, you should change" Joe Pass
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    Thanks everyone! i'll be sure to check em out!
    t-bird
  • Feruza2134Feruza2134 The NetherlandsNew Phoenix D hole guitar
    I have a d-hole guitar so i don't know if that pickup will work?
    Thanks anyway
  • Keith MurchKeith Murch Ontario Canada and Naples Florida✭✭ Dupont MD50 and several archtops
    I also really like my Krivo.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018 Posts: 518
    kinda timely, I'm currently checking out a couple Krivo pickups. The PAF and the Djangobucker. I didn't look at the nuevo. I like both of these on a dhole so far. The PAF fits a bit better on my Dhole as it kinda touches the fretboard extension and gives a bit of stability. The Djangobucker is smaller and kinda of floats. Its also much brighter on the dhole.
  • Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
    If you want a budget amp that does the job try Vox Pathfinder 15r, that amp is marvelous. It's not the very best but does the job fine.

For pickups I don't really know, it seems krivo has made it's place nowdays maybe that.

I'm happy with my audio Technica pro 70 for amplifying

• Check out the thread on the Bugera amp, which appears to be an AER Compact 60 clone.
    I like Krivo too, I have two of them, but this fits the cheap category and thin requirement for our guitars. I ran across it on Etsy site awhile ago and have been intrigued but not enough to get one. Seems well made and people like it for various uses. The nice touch is you get choose the finish on it:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/247234829/flatcat-surface-mount-guitar-pickup-for
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel