DjangoBooks.com

L3 Sequential Chromaticism

ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Technique Posts: 867
Hey Guys,

I thought I'd try an experiment and do a short video lesson (first one). If you like it, "Like it" or comment on what you would like to see and i'll do more. If you don't i'll just move on back to my composing hole and keep my info to myself...;)

Best

Craig Sharmat (composer to the gods)

ShemiBucoBonesTDogvanmalmsteenNylonDaveMichaelHorowitzJoshl-mconormckennaBen Dallow

Comments

• ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Simple and effective, I look forward to trying it out ☺️
    Scoredog
  • swiesslerswiessler NorCalNew Dupont MD20,Gibson L5,Bumgarner F hole(DiMauro type)
    Short, sweet, understandable and useable!
    Scoredog
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Good stuff!
    What guitar is that? I really dig the tone
    Scoredog
  • NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    CRAIG, THIS IS GOD, I think I need a lighter leitmotif for this sorry vessel, perhaps in a major key ?

D.
    Scoredog
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys!!

I'll try another one in a bit and see how it goes, I have some ideas that I have not seen presented on GJ as they are a bit off the beaten path (there are plenty of great GJ's lessons on the net already of course).

vanmalmsteen it is a Dupont VRB which is a great guitar, I have found a lot Dupont's share similar characteristics to this guitar. I had an MD-50 and sold it to the other guitarist in the Idiomatiques and it contains a a similar feel and closeness of sound though I prefer the VRB. I think for the difference in price most people would choose the MD-50, probably more info than you asked for.
    vanmalmsteen
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Craig. Really appreciate you sharing these types of ideas.
    Scoredog
    edited August 2018 Posts: 867
    I have quite a few ideas for new videos. They focus on playing GJ but have a bit more broad reaching concept behind them. There are plenty of great vids that teach licks and traditional GJ. My aim with these are to display concepts which hopefully will allow one to discover different paths on the instrument. A lick is like giving a man a fish and he eats for a day, this is liking teaching fishing skills (I actually have no idea how to fish). That said certain licks can be jumping off points to further study, it depends on approach.
    richter4208
  • psychebillypsychebilly Kentucky, USA
    I tried it over lots of different songs/keys at rehearsal last nite...cool move, although after the 5th or 6th song of trying it, my bandmates knew what was coming...

Cool stuff... B)
    Scoredog
    Creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.
    Thanks for putting in the time and annoying your bandmates. I have some more stuff coming to potentially bother them, but if you have enough approaches up your sleeve they will forget about it in due course.