DjangoBooks.com

Is Jimmy getting back?

Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
in Welcome Posts: 104
Greetings!
Does anyone know anything about it? I saw some live video shared by Alain (Dell'Arte guitars) where Jimmy is recording something on an studio, I'm curious if there's gonna be something new from him or returning to stages.

Also I'd like to share a bit of what I'm doing with the group I'm playing with, it's a homemade recording of Made for Wesley which is one of my favorite Gbossas :).

Comments

• Elí SaúlElí Saúl Toluca, Mexico.New Dell'Arte DG-H2
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    Can’t wait to hear what he comes up with!
    Elí Saúl
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    I’ve always really liked him but by today’s standards may be a bit dated. We will see if he has changed with the times
    I’ve always really liked him but by today’s standards may be a bit dated. We will see if he has changed with the times

Well, hopefully he'll be more melodic. Too many shredders turned gj guitarist now days!
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    edited August 2018 Posts: 337
    Trust me the shred stuff doesn’t translate very well .lol
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Trust me the shred stuff doesn’t translate very well .lol

Whilst generally I agree, John Rijsdjik and Jim Politis are two who bring in some "shred" elements to the genre quite well.
    Shemi wrote: »
    Whilst generally I agree, John Rijsdjik and Jim Politis are two who bring in some "shred" elements to the genre quite well.

Yes that's quite right, I don't mind some shred elements at all, Politis I heard but Rijsdjik is unknown to me, will check it out. However shred type of guitarist usually have very little or no swing at all on their phrasing, which is tasteless to me.
  • This swings to me.
    BonesShemiwimPetrovpickitjohnBillDaCostaWilliamsElí Saúl
  • BonesBones Moderator
    Wow, just listened to that again. Great stuff. Yes plenty of pyrotechnics but also swinging and fun. Thanks
    Jim Kaznosky
    It sounds nice, specially the guy in the left, I like his sound. I don't think it swings that much but it's an enjoyable hear. Got any more suggestions on Rijsdjik ? I didn't knew bout him.