DjangoBooks.com

Moreno, an hour to look at his right hand.

Comments

• NylonDaveNylonDave Glasgow✭✭✭ Perez Valbuena Flamenca 1991
    edited August 2018 Posts: 462
    NylonDave wrote: »
    a collection where he plays rhythm for Tchan Tchou and the film of Les Fils de Vents.

You mean the video where he was playing with Tchan-Tchou? That’s actually at same bar. I found that video from a guy in Germany.

I have a CD collection of Tchan Tchou where the second guitarist is not named. I saw the video you mentioned and put two and two together and made five. I do that. Checking the dates online now (the CD now lives on my MP3 player alone, goodness knows where the original got to.) as best I can I think you might be right and Moreno might have been too young to be on the recording.
    Josco is a great guy - super cool and possesses the same sense of humor as Denis Chang (and myself) and I’m sure he and Moreno would get along fine.

No doubt, I don't doubt he would have had great fun playing with Joscho and I meant no disrespect. There is this video where he clearly delights Dmitry with his pleasantly pointed entry and super smooth and swinging sound, lucky boy ! That is what I was thinking of when I wrote.

@Scoredog , not sure anyone got the point of this thread except you, I'm not even sure that I even know anymore.
    Scoredog
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    edited August 2018 Posts: 426
    Djangostation is the reference to see all the recordings of a leader. And they have snippets for each
    Enjoy
    http://www.djangostation.com/Moreno,654.html

Thanks for sharing your stories Ted. Your descriptions of Atelier Charonne saturday nights with Moreno are like I remembered them
    PapsPier wrote: »
    Djangostation is the reference to see all the recordings of a leader. And they have snippets for each
    Enjoy
    http://www.djangostation.com/Moreno,654.html

Thanks Paps, I'll be spending some time there.

D.
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.

[/quote]

I have a CD collection of Tchan Tchou where the second guitarist is not named. I saw the video you mentioned and put two and two together and made five. I do that. Checking the dates online now (the CD now lives on my MP3 player alone, goodness knows where the original got to.) as best I can I think you might be right and Moreno might have been too young to be on the recording.

[/quote]
    So what do you know about these recordings? Any info on tracks dates or personnel?
    All I have by Tchan-Tchou apart from the well known 'Guitar Party' LP and CD, are a couple of Vogue LPs where he is accompanied by the Corsican guitarist François playing rhythm.

It's just this one Chris, no Moreno I'm afraid. It's a great, I'm sure most guys have it, drums actually work with electric Tchan Tchou.

http://www.djangostation.com/La-Gitane,520.html
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    NylonDave wrote: »
    It's just this one Chris, no Moreno I'm afraid. It's a great, I'm sure most guys have it, drums actually work with electric Tchan Tchou.

http://www.djangostation.com/La-Gitane,520.html

Ok. Yes I have that CD which is the re-release of the 'Guitar Party' LP with some extras. I also have the two LPs from 1980 on the Vogue label which are listed on the top right corner of that Djangostation webpage. These I don't think have been available as CD or mp3 but I have one of those record players that can convert to digital so I may have a go if I can work out the program.
    Anyway, none of this has anything to do with Moreno.
  • I am confused... is the "check his right hand..." really a serious topic or this is just a joke?

GreatBohemian
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    I dont know but Moreno's right hand is impressive for sure.
    GreatBohemian
  • ok I see. Well that's not funny anymore then.
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Nope