DjangoBooks.com

How thick is a Stimer?

ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
Just wondered if anyone knows what is the minimum space between the strings and the sound hole to fit a Stimer ST48 under.
For a 'petite bouche' obviously there are variations in neck angle and bridge height that affect the space available.
I have a few guitars and so far have been juggling between a Krivo and an old Shin-Ei but have a hankering to try the real thing.

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Ok, sorry, no need to ask; I just checked the details on this site and it says thickness = 8mm. Got my answer.
    MichaelHorowitz
    What do you use from Shin-ei?
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Buco wrote: »
    What do you use from Shin-ei?
    I don't know if it has a model number, it is one of the old clip-on soundhole types I had for years. It is the nearest I have got to the late '40s Django tone. I doubt you can still get them now?
    I have used it on various guitars with good results.
    It does not fit on my Petrarca 'Chorus' style so for electric I use a stick-on Krivo, again quite versatile depending on how hard and where you pick.

Buco
    Oh man that's sweet. I didn't know they made a pickup. I thought you're using one of their fuzz pedals or similar.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel