DjangoBooks.com

Django Festival Austin Les Doigts de L'Homme

roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
edited July 2018 in North America Posts: 91
Special thanks to Djangobooks and Michael as one of our sponsors. You da man! We are hoping for some pre sales to bring one more renown French musician who is waiting in the wings. You won't be disappointed :) Cone one come all. Special shout out to Will Dickerson for being a wizard and staying up all night with me to finish the website. Peace
IT"S ON!!! Tickets on sale now. I am hoping for pre-sales so we can bring one more outstanding French Artist!!!

https://www.djangofestaustin.com
BuconomadgtrjuandererMichaelHorowitzaltonwdickersonadrianScoredogdm7b5JHB

Comments

• MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 6,153
    Thanks to @roch@rochlockyer.com for organizing this amazing event which will feature Les Doigts, one of the greatest jazz manouche acts from France! Kudos for bringing a little Gypsy jazz to Texas....

• roch@rochlockyer.com[email protected] new mexico (current)✭✭
    Thank Brother...It's a la Pompe-less wasteland down here ;)
    =)
  • AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    edited July 2018 Posts: 541
    I wish I could travel to see them, but Texas is as far as Paris to me.

We ALMOST had a manouche player come here from France, but then he ran into travel visa issues. But Denis Chang stepped to bat for us, doing a workshop and concert August 16th here in CLE.
    Thank Brother...It's a la Pompe-less wasteland down here ;)
    =)

I know what you mean, Roch...same here in CLE. Well, we have SOME pompe, but not much in the way of gypsy lead players.
    Have a good event! I'm not sure if you have ever seen Les Dogits but they are the most creative crossover group that has ever come out of this genere.
    Sorry you can't make it :) Paris is almost 3000 miles more to travel!! ;)
    Oh I wish I knew about this.
    Will yo do it again and would it be possible to take guitar classes during the festival?
    nomadgtr
    Not sure if I will do a whole Festival again in Austin. I will decide in the next month or so. We were lucky to have great support, sponsors, etc. We had a strong attendance but little interest from the actual local “swing/musician community in Austin. My intention was to offer a true international festival (which we did). I was inundated with questions and comments as to why local or regional bands weren’t co-headlining with the best in the world. Our classes were well attended with 75-80% out of towners...if I pull the trigger again I will offer whatever classes there are a demand for. Thanks for your interest! All the best Roch
    ScoredognomadgtrMichaelHorowitz