DjangoBooks.com

Stripping finish off Paris swing

13»

Comments

• vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    Never mind, from what I’m reading an oil finish what Be a big-tone killer
  • LeonPLeonP New
    It will be a better sound if you strip the top. But a real change in sound will be if you do the top, and the back and sides to. I did it with sand paper on other acoustic guitars. It takes some time doe. You must be careful when striping back and sides because they are probably laminated and if you strip one layer of laminat the one in betwen is different color and it will not look nice.
    I did it first with machine and than with hand, and still takes a lot of effort.
  • vanmalmsteenvanmalmsteen Diamond Springs ,CANew Latch Drom F, Eastman DM2v, Altamira m30d , Altimira Mod M
    I think this thing sounds much crispier, mind you I am slapping the crap out of it but only to highlight the newfound crunchiness
    Oh yeah I haven’t really finished it, I just wanted to throw strings on it and see where I’m at so far, I still have to sand down the back with some fine grain and then refinish the top and the back with whatever I decide on
    And here is something I did for comparison after I stripped the top. The back and the sides are still finished in the thick gloss from the factory . Somewhere I also played roughly the same thing before I did anything to guitar but I can’t locate the clip. Keep in mind the strings were a lot newer when I did the first video with only the top stripped