DjangoBooks.com

Paris gypsy venues

richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in Europe Posts: 518
A friend of mine is visiting Paris and need some ideas for bars that offer gypsy jazz. There's been a couple threads on it, anybody care to help me find those? He will be leaving Thursday, he is planning on visiting Samois for one of the days.

Comments

• PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    https://www.parisjazzclub.net/fr/agenda

LEs Petits Joueurs, Le Monk at La Taverne de Cluny, La chope des puces, Le clairon des chasseurs et.c
    Bal Blomet sometimes, Cafe Elo sometimes,
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    Thanks Paps!
  • adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
    Check out http://tinyurl.com/djangoinparis — hasn't been updated in a while, but most of it is likely very relevant.
    dm7b5
  • criminelcriminel buenos aires✭✭✭
    Les petits jouers is a cool place, still carrying that old vibe , but you may find the public a little noisy.
    La choppe des puces is a classic, no frills jam bar. Ninine is there almost everytime. To see some big stars is purely a chance of luck. Kind of walking to the Comedy cellar and find Louis CK performing there ;-)
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    It would be impossible for me to visit Paris without going to F Charle, which is located near the Louvre. I've heard they have an excellent selection of manouche guitars.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    I believe F Charle is on his must see list. Les Petit has Adrien Moignard and Les Nuits next week, that would be cool