DjangoBooks.com

Peche a la Mouche & Altamira M01

Dear All,
I would be grateful if someone could confirm whether the Peche a la Mouche pickup fits an Altamira M01. I heard that the fingerboard needs to have a certain thickness and the pickup therefore does not fit all Selmer-style guitars.
Please let me know your thoughts.
Cheers,
Matt

Comments

• bopsterbopster St. Louis, MOProdigy Wide Sky PL-1, 1940? French mystery guitar, ‘37 L-4
    I have an Altamira M 30, and the Peche fits fine. I think the only differences between the M01 and the M30 have to do with the woods used, but the body specs are the same. Maybe Michael can chime in with his experience.
    Lipskimusic
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @Lipskimusic yes, in most cases a Peche a la mouche will fit on just about any Altamira. The Altamiras have a lot of neck angle which results in plenty of string clearance so you don’t have the problem that the Gitanes suffer from (I.e. almost no neck angle and little string clearance)
    Thanks both!
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    A friend uses a Peche a la Mouche on an Altamira M01 Antique and it fits just fine.

The only problem I ever heard from it is that it was sounding a harmonic but that has everything to do with the placement of the pickup and nothing (I believe) with the spacing between strings and top.