DjangoBooks.com

WTB Entry-Level GJG in UK

danowensdanowens New
in Classifieds Posts: 5
DiminishedRun is 10 minutes down the road from me and his John le Voi is stunning, but it isn't really an entry-level guitar. There's a few Dell Arte's available in the Uk at the mo but I'm really looking for a second hand Cigano or Gitane. Anyone looking to offload?

Comments

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    You may also want to consider Paris Swing GG39 or Eko Evo Gipsy, similar priced guitars.
  • danowensdanowens New
    You may also want to consider Paris Swing GG39 or Eko Evo Gipsy, similar priced guitars.

Thanks for the advice; are they comparable quality?
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    The Eko Evo Gypsy is decent, certainly not a bad starter but it has quite a fat, d shape neck so I would definitely try one before hand to see how you get on. Are you on Facebook? The Gypsy jazz UK page has stuff come up from time to time. I picked up my Gitane 250m for £450 from Gumtree. I traveled to London to get it, so did a Megabus then a train ride home.
  • ShemiShemi Cardiff✭✭✭
    Where are you based Dan?
  • ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 959
    Shemi wrote: »
    Where are you based Dan?
    He is based ten minutes up the road from DiminishedRun !
    (sorry, couldn't resist that one, see post above..... )

MatteoShemiNewcastleBudBuco
  • danowensdanowens New
    Shemi wrote: »
    Where are you based Dan?

I'm in Bolton but I'm happy to travel

• constantineconstantine New York✭✭✭✭ Geronimo Mateos
    edited March 2018 Posts: 485
    Dan - Eko and Paris Swing IMO superior to Cigano by leaps and bounds. The tone of the Paris Swing is more gypsy, the EKO is my favorite under $1000 USD (unless you can find a used Altamira). I have small hands and no problem with the EKO neck, its narrow.
    Oh come on Dan - splash out and get my Le Voi - I’ll do you a good deal. Lol.
    Petrov
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    The Eastman’s should be coming out soon
    AndyW
  • jonpowljonpowl Hercules, CA✭✭✭ Dupont MD-100, Altamira M01F
    I like my Cigano GJ-10 better than the Paris Swing GG-39 in some ways, most importantly, volume. My Paris Swing had a nice sound, but was not very loud. The Cigano plays well, sounds fairly authentic, and has decent volume.