DjangoBooks.com

Paris venues et al

jazzman3726jazzman3726 USANew Various
in Welcome Posts: 16
I'll be in Paris on April 6-7th and would like to take in some authentic performances. Can some clubs be recommended?
What about the bigger names? Do they play locally (similar to the jazz cats in NYC). I know Antoine Boyer will be in Germany then. Gresset?
Thanks. All of this is new to me so I apologize for some naive.

Comments

• jazzman3726jazzman3726 USANew Various
    That is so cool. I'll see what comes up for the 6-7th. Thanks.
  • scotscot Virtuoso
    Don't miss La Chope des Puces - great music there every Saturday afternoon.
  • wimwim ChicagoModerator Barault #503 replica
    If you only go to one place, make it aux petits joueurs
  • MarkAMarkA Vermont✭✭✭ Holo Epiphany, Gibson L-5
    Great recommendations, also check Monk La Taverne de Cluny. Also, a small Italian restaurant, Assaporare, was having gypsy jam sessions on Tuesdays, good music and very welcoming (might be the place mentioned in Brad’s link above).
  • AndyWAndyW Glasgow Scotland UK✭✭✭ Clarinets & Saxes- Selmer, Conn, Buescher, Leblanc et.al. // Guitars: Gerome, Caponnetto, Napoli, Musicalia, Bucolo, Sanchez et. al.
    I think "Aux Petits Joueurs" is now only doing regular jazz manouche one night per week (Wednesdays): see " http://www.auxpetitsjoueurs.com/ and click the "Programmation " tab
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Aux Petits Joueurs has never been a jazz manouche-only bar. On Wednesday night it is the regular gig Les Nuits du Swing Gitan (that has been curated by Daniel John Martin for a long time) and otherwise it is really open: from jazz to world music. But it is always high quality bands in unbeatable conditions to listen.

But even if it is not jazz manouche (Quintet style) you may still see names you know. For example Sebastien Giniaux played there with Django53 quartet or with a balkan project.

Aux Petits Joueurs is really nice but it is pretty far from the center.

If you want to stay in the center, The Monk at Taverne de Cluny is a really good option too.