DjangoBooks.com

Like a Twitter for licks and transcriptions

adrianadrian AmsterdamVirtuoso
The cat's out of the bag on this, since @PapsPier has posted about his Django transcriptions in another thread, but I wanted to make an announcement anyway...

At Soundslice, we've launched a thing called Soundslice Channels. It's a community of people posting little snippets of transcribed music. For example, on my own channel I post licks I've transcribed, musical ideas I've had recently, things I'm working on, etc. I try to post something daily or every other day.

It's kind of like a Twitter for music snippets — you can follow people, see a timeline of people you follow, post comments, etc.

There's also a concept of "covering," where you can post your own version of another person's lick. Here's an example (click "Covers" at left and you'll see all the other people who have covered it). Personally I find this to be a nice motivation for learning new licks/pieces — posting a cover gives a sense of accomplishment and a public record of what I've learned.

There's also a search engine that lets you search across everything.

Give it a shot — it's free to use. I'm hoping this becomes "a thing" for musicians; there hasn't been a proper online community built around people sharing musical ideas, with a focus on the music as opposed to gear, culture and all the non-music things.

Adrian
BillDaCostaWilliamsaltonCharles MeadowsJosechikybillyshakesMcQPetrovTubaphonepickitjohn

Comments

• JosechikyJosechiky
    Extremely useful and valuable resource to learn!Thank you so much for creating and making it available for all of us,Adrian.
    adrian
  • PapsPierPapsPier ✭✭
    Yes, thanks Adrian. It is definitely the best tool available for learning. It is so easy to customize to one's own preferences.
    adrian
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew
    This is such a useful feature--thank you!
    Josechikyadrian
  • BonesBones Moderator
    edited February 2018 Posts: 3,319
    Looks pretty cool. I'll give it a try with Tux guitar tab.

Just to get started, does anyone know how to make a beat into a triplet in Tux? I think I've done it correctly except it shows up weird (three 3s under each triplet and the vertical lines are way below the notes) when I export the pdf directly from Tux. (Note looks ok in SS)

thanks