DjangoBooks.com

Online Lessons Suggestions

2»

Comments

Great! Thanks Michael. Scanned the video that you shared and I think that it is great and love how Denis provided exercises.

Thanks again for the tips and on what to look for to have a great Gypsy tone

Regards
    Elroy
    richter4208
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    i'm sure Denis wouldn't mind one of his videos he worked hard to produce been posted for free on YouTube. Not like he needs the money!
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    If Denis was offering this video for a fee, I wouldn't have linked to a free version, of course. But this video doesn't seem to be available elsewhere, so I'm not sure what its status is. Personally, watching it prompted me to buy his other lessons. If Denis says he doesn't want it to be shared, I'll remove the link.
  • richter4208richter4208 ✭✭✭
    That's cool, it looks like it was uploaded to YouTube in 2013 so I'm guessing it's not new news to Denis. many of us have supported him over the years (I own those dvds) and dcmusic is producing such great content.
    I'm sure you meant no harm, no offense intended.
  • PompierPompier MarylandNew Cigano GJ-15
    Ooh, on closer inspection this is not cool. The video is still distributed by Hypership Media, but they have neither posted promotional samples on Youtube, nor have policed it for copyright violations. I'll remove the link.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 3,707
    In my defence, I refer to noobs as guitar players coming to the style rather than those learning initially to play.

The DVD that @dennis did himself on rhythm playing is one of the clearest and most complete explanations of the rhythm playing on video out there. Not saying there aren't other good ones but that is my opinion.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    If I didn’t actually own the DVD the Denis material comes from, my gut would tell me that it’s too long and detailed to be a freebie. It’s not your fault that someone posted it, and I hope it leads you and others to support Denis and his great school.
  • I have Dennis's original Huyperhip stuff and his in the Style of Stochelo.

IMO if one has the time and money a week of his homestay course would be the best wand fastest way into this if one doesn't live near a teacher who really knows this style.
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed