DjangoBooks.com

Eastman Gypsy Guitars Coming

Comments

• JonJon melbourne, australiaProdigy Dupont MD50B, '79 Favino
    I really love the classic finish, and very happy about the 10th fret dot :)@""Wim Glenn" I agree about the headstock logo. It'd be so great if these sounded really good and had traditional-ish sized necks!
  • asuraasura Los Angeles Cigano GJ-10, Gitane D500
    The dark finish looks awesome!

I would prefer a single dot in the middle at the 12th fret!

And like others have said a better looking headstock logo/engraving

Can’t wait to hear what it sounds like!
    Ha, I don't mind the headstock at all, It could be less busy and the font could be different but all in all I think it's a pretty cool art-deco take on the Selmer classic logo.
    I don't doubt for a second that they will not get the sound right, they nailed it with every line of their guitars. I haven't checked their line-up in a while and just saw they have a hybrid Frank Vignola model. I really like this company, go Eastman!
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @bopster no, I haven't seen these yet.
  • @Bones they were forced....you only find heat bent tops on very high end hand built guitars. I've never seen an Asian guitar with one.

If I am not mistaken, the Strinphonics are made in Japan, and thus Asian, Again, if I am not mistaken, those guitars have a heat pliage and the correct era bracing. Please correct me if I am wrong.
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @MartiniMax Yes, you are correct. Sorry, I should have said "Chinese made" as the Japanese made Stringphonics do have a heat bent top, but only on the regular 503 model, the Basic 503 has a regular forced top.
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    Seeing a lot of concern from Tommy at **** that these are just the same guitars off the line that Paris Swing is using. Says the guitars are nearly identical. Find it hard to believe Eastman would do that though
  • McQMcQ Fayetteville, ARNew
    Seeing a lot of concern from Tommy at **** that these are just the same guitars off the line that Paris Swing is using. Says the guitars are nearly identical. Find it hard to believe Eastman would do that though

Woah. I took a look at **** website, facebook, instagram, and didn't see anything like this. Where is he saying it, or where are you seeing this concern being expressed?

Eastman to ruin their hard earned reputation they have been building for so long over a niche product that was at least four years in the making and now they will outsource it to some assembly line? I don't know, I guess if I heard a rumour about a dieselgate before it blew open I'd say it's a crazy talk so nothing is impossible, but this seems like far-fetched to say the least.
    wim
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • gitpickergitpicker Beijing/San Francisco✭✭✭✭ Gibson, Favino, Eastman
    These guitars are made in house. Nobody makes guitars for Eastman and Eastman is not making guitars for anybody else either. Rest assured these are NOT Paris Swing guitars with a new color.
    MichaelHorowitz
    www.dougmartinguitar.com
    Live life and play music like it's your last day on earth. One day you'll be right- Russel Malone