DjangoBooks.com

Who wants to jam with us?

Hi!

We’re a french couple travelling for a year. We play jazz music together. You can hear and see us here : https://duohlala.jimdo.com

We’re especially fond of gypsy swing. We‘d love to meet musicians to jam with in all the different places we’re going.

We already left home and are staying in Montreal.

We will be
- in New-York from the 15th to the 19th of December.
-in Chicago the first week of January.
- in California travelling from north to south the second and this week of January.
- in Honoluluthe fourth week of January.
- in New Zealand in February and March.
- in Japan in April and May.

Hope to see you!
bbwood_98

Comments

• AndrewUlleAndrewUlle Cleveland, OH✭✭✭ Cigano GJ-15
    If you stop in Cleveland between NYC and Chicago, we have a few players who might be into that if they aren't gigging. There's also a Hot Club of Buffalo, NY you might check out.
  • Anou-ManAnou-Man New
    Up!

We already had a response from people in San Diego.

We'd love to meet people in the US, in New-Zealand end even in Japan.
  • ScoredogScoredog Santa Barbara, Ca✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2017 Posts: 871
    We play in Santa Barbara January 18th 8-10pm at The Good Lion.
    I should add that female singers though are not welcomed. We had one sit in and all the guys stopped drinking so the owner (who is actually a really nice fellow) said no more female singers but we are welcome to sing if we want... :/
    constantine
  • tbleentbleen Astoria QueensNew Gaffiero
    You guys should come to Fada for the acoustic gypsy jazz jam on 12/14 in NYC. It's a french bistro. Singers welcome. 530 Driggs Ave in Williamsburg
  • bbwood_98bbwood_98 Brooklyn, NyProdigy Vladimir music! Les Effes. . Its the best!
    dm'ed you.
  • Anou-ManAnou-Man New
    Hey! We'll be in Chicago from January 2 to 10. Will there be anybody to play with?
    lostjohn
  • Anou-ManAnou-Man New
    Up!

We arrive tomorrow in San Francisco for three days. We haven't received any message from here yet.

We met great people in New York and Chicago. Hope it will continue in California!
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    I live in SF... Lots of great players around here. I would jam with you but 1) I'm still just a beginner and don't have a repertoire built yet really, and 2) wife and I have plans every night this week after work :(
  • Brad HermanBrad Herman San Francisco, CANew JWC Modele Jazz, Stankevicius Alena, Alexander Polyakov Selmer #6
    If you're around Saturday night, you HAVE to go to Club Deluxe and catch Barrio Manouche from 6pm-9pm though. You won't regret it! We may actually be there, but have a bday party to attend that evening as well.
  • Anou-ManAnou-Man New
    Hi Brad, thanks! Unfortunately we won't be in SF tomorrow.

Hey, what an amazing city you're living in!