DjangoBooks.com

I took the plunge - new guitar.

I made a trip to see a guitar made by John Le Voir yesterday. I fell in love with it and bought it there and then. It’s a 670mm scale Di Mauro chorus style and it’s stunning. Tone wise it is exactly as John described it: loud and pungent. In my incredibly inexperienced hands it’s good so I hope my gypsy jazz journey goes well.

John le Voi showed me around his new workshop and spent time showing me and discussing his build process etc - it was very educational.
AndrewUllejuandererBillDaCostaWilliamsChrisMartinJim KaznoskyBucoMarkA

Comments

• ChrisMartinChrisMartin Shellharbour NSW Australia✭✭ Di Mauro x2, Petrarca, Genovesi, Burns, Kremona Zornitsa & Paul Beuscher resonator.
    Certainly I have heard only good things about Le Voi guitars, but I didn't know he made one in the style of the Di Mauro Chorus model, (you will inevitably be getting requests for photos or video demos before long). For a quality hand made instrument it must also add some interest (some intangible value) to be able to meet and discuss with the luthier too, so well done to you and John.
    Certainly I have heard only good things about Le Voi guitars, but I didn't know he made one in the style of the Di Mauro Chorus model, (you will inevitably be getting requests for photos or video demos before long). For a quality hand made instrument it must also add some interest (some intangible value) to be able to meet and discuss with the luthier too, so well done to you and John.

Nor did I until I asked if he had any guitars for sale. This one was made in 2016 and John told me that he liked it so much that he made a shorter scale 12 fret to body one for himself.

I was torn between buying this or having him make me one but I just kind of fell for it.

I am not worthy to own this guitar having just moved into this genre but hopefully I’ll progress at a reasonable rate.
  • Enjoy
    The Magic really starts to happen when you can play it with your eyes closed
  • juandererjuanderer New ALD Original, Manouche Latcho Drom Djangology Koa, Caro y Topete AR 740 O
    Congrats on the new acquisition!