DjangoBooks.com

Guitar Stolen Capitol Hill Seattle J Castelluccia Django Castel 2014

hi everyone, apologies if this is the wrong place to post this. my guitar was stolen out of my apartment's lobby today, i figured i would put the word out on the off chance someone sees it or something. it was in a green alpine backpack zip case, thanks!

Comments

• plexi69plexi69 New
    Sorry to hear that. Just believe in Karma!
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 88
    Oh crap! I am so sorry to hear. Such a good guitar :(
    Check this if you have not done this already: http://blog.discmakers.com/2014/02/recovery-tips-for-your-stolen-instrument/
    There is also a stolen guitar facebook page.

Oh, and on a tiny chance the thief sells it via this website, let the website owner @Michael Horowitz know your serial number (I hope you have registered your guitar with Castelluccia?).
  • MichaelHorowitzMichaelHorowitz SeattleAdministrator
    @patrickbrooks Wow, sorry to hear that! I will let you know if I hear anything about it. It's really pretty tough for a thief to do much with a Gypsy guitar as it's far too specialized for any pawnshop or regular music store.
  • well ill be damned- its been recovered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i should wait to tell the story until i confirm all the details, but suffice it to say that i am pumped as hell. @Michael Horowitz and others, thanks for the help. i will write up a post mortem when i have all the details.
    lewischang88MichaelHorowitzbillyshakesBillDaCostaWilliamspickitjohn
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 4,730
    Good news! That's really lucky.
    Maybe think about insurance.
    I have all my stuff insured, pay about 3-4% a year of it's full replacement value.
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel
  • husyhusy Seattle✭✭✭
    Hey Patrick, glad to hear you have your guitar back. Do share the story...
  • ChiefbigeasyChiefbigeasy New Orleans, LA✭✭✭ Dupont MDC 50; The Loar LH6, AJL Silent Guitar
    Great news. I also insure my axes. Costs about $60 a year=peace of mind.
  • opus20000opus20000
    edited January 2018 Posts: 85
    Glad you got your guitar back Patrick.
    To the others who mentioned it, where do you go to get your guitar insured? Is it with your home insurance, or (after a quick Google search ) one of those companies on the net which offer instrument insurance, if so which one ?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks
  • I'm also interested in hearing more about insuring guitars. It's probably something I should do but have never gotten around to doing.
  • edited January 2018 Posts: 4,730
    On John's suggestion I started a thread with the topic of insurance and moved my recent post there...
    Every note wants to go somewhere-Kurt Rosenwinkel